- Bulgaria is a Parliamentary Republic
- The Head of State is Mr. Boiko Borisov
- Territory 110.910 sq. km, compared to Belgium: 30.528 sq. km, and to The Netherlands: 41.526 sq. km
- Population - 7.977.646 inhabitants
- Capital Sofia – 1.173.811 people
- Time Zone Greenwich + 2
- Religion is Eastern Orthodox
- Monetary Unit is the Lev - 1 € = 1.95 Lev's
- Voltage: 220 volts AC, 50Hz. Round 2-pin plugs
- Gross National Income: per person US$ 3.101 in 2004
- EU Membership on 1 January 2007
- Full NATO Membership, since 2 April 2004.
Bulgaria is surprising in all seasons.
- The predominant climate in Bulgaria is moderate and transitional continental with 2,000 to 2,400 hours of sunlight per year. The country has four seasons. Dry and hot summer with average temperature from April through September: + 25°C. Cold winter with snowfalls, average temperature: 0°C. The average yearly temperature is 10.5°C.
- A Mediterranean climate, with dry summers and mild, humid winters, prevails in the valley of the south-western Rhodope Mountains. The northern limit of the climatic zone is the Balkan Range.
- Along the Black Sea, the average January temperature ranges between -1° and 6° C and the July temperature ranges between 19° and 30° C.
For more information visit Bulgaria Tourist Information.